2020 Club Supported Races
Join the Austin Triathlon Club at these upcoming triathlon races!
Every year the Austin Triathlon Club chooses several local and regional triathlon races where we support our members interested in racing together. At each race we'll have our club tent near transition for members to meet before and after the race. This is where we get a group photo before the race starts; provide water; help answer questions; and relax and share race-day recaps. Each race is a different distance, so triathletes of all abilities can be a part of a fun, welcoming, and supportive race environment. These races are a great way to make new friends and meet other club members!
Club Supported Races for the 2020 race season:
Unfortunately, all of these wonderful races are cancelled this year. Check back later for 2021 supported races.
- The Rookie Triathlon (May 3, 2020, Austin): Virtual super sprint distance race that is also the capstone race for club members participating in the New Triathlete Program. We cannot wait for this race!
- Life Time Tri CapTex (May 25, 2020, Austin): Sprint and Olympic distance races on Memorial Day. Swim, bike, and run near downtown Austin!
- Marble Falls Triathlon (postponed): Sprint, Olympic, and Aquabike options in the scenic hill country.
- Jack's Generic Triathlon (August 23, 2020, Austin): Sprint distance race offers aquabike, triathlon, and relay options. Jack's is also the third race in the Texas Triathlon series!
- Mighty Mujer Triathlon (September 13, 2020, Lakeway): Sprint distance all female triathlon on a scenic course starting at the Lakeway City Park. A super fun race!
- Kerrville Triathlon Festival (September 26-27, 2020, Kerrville): Sprint, Olympic and Half distance races offer something for everyone!
- Ironman 70.3 Waco (October 18, 2020, Waco): Half ironman race distance where you swim in the Brazos River, bike a single loop on relatively flat back-country roads, and run 2 loops finishing at the Waco suspension bridge.
Call for Race Leaders
We are looking for race leaders for each Club Supported Race—members to help us make each event great and really showcase the team-focused spirit of the Austin Triathlon Club! With the help of the Austin Tri Club board members, duties of race leaders include:
- ensuring the club tent, table, and camp chairs make it to the race venue and back
- hanging the club banner
- ensuring there are snacks, refreshments, and coffee (!) at the club tent
The club is always looking for ways to partner with races to provide volunteers and support for the race. If you are in need of volunteers, please email the club.