2022 Club Supported Races
Join the Austin Triathlon Club at these upcoming triathlon races!
Every year the Austin Triathlon Club chooses several local and regional triathlon races where we support our members interested in racing together. At each race we'll have our club tent near transition for members to meet before and after the race. This is where we get a group photo before the race starts; provide water; help answer questions; and relax and share race-day recaps. Each race is a different distance, so triathletes of all abilities can be a part of a fun, welcoming, and supportive race environment. These races are a great way to make new friends and meet other club members!
Support will depend on safety protocols at the time. Presence will be confirmed in the weeks immediately before each race.
- 3M Half Marathon (January 23, 2022, Austin): Half marathon distance downhill race into downtown Austin!
- Austin Marathon (February 20, 2022, Austin): Full, Half, and 5K distances running through the Texas Capital!
- Ironman Galveston 70.3 (April 3, 2022, Galveston): Half distance triathlon with a beachy vibe.
- CalTri Austin (April 3, 2022, Pflugerville): Sprint distance triathlon just outside of downtown Austin.
- Statesman Cap10K (April 10, 2022, Austin): 10K distance running race - the largest 10K in Texas!
- Life Time Tri CapTex (May 30, 2022, Austin): Sprint and Olympic distance races on Memorial Day. Swim, bike, and run near downtown Austin!
- TriWaco (July 10, 2022, Waco): Sprint and Olympic distance triathlon with great support and spectators!
- Marble Falls Triathlon (July 31, Marble Falls): Sprint, Olympic, and Aquabike options in the scenic hill country.
- Kerrville Triathlon Festival (September 24-25, 2021, Kerrville): Sprint, Olympic and Half distance races offer something for everyone! Join us in the beautiful hill country.
- Ironman Waco (October 15, 2022, Waco): Full distance ironman triathlon through the central Texas countryside.
- Ironman 70.3 Waco (October 16, 2022, Waco): Half ironman race distance where you swim in the Brazos River, bike a single loop on relatively flat back-country roads, and run 2 loops finishing at the Waco suspension bridge.
Call for Race Leaders
We are looking for race leaders for each Club Supported Race—members to help us make each event great and really showcase the team-focused spirit of the Austin Triathlon Club! With the help of the Austin Tri Club board members, duties of race leaders include:
- ensuring the club tent, table, and camp chairs make it to the race venue and back
- hanging the club banner
- ensuring there are snacks, refreshments, and coffee (!) at the club tent
The club is always looking for ways to partner with races to provide volunteers and support for the race. If you are in need of volunteers, please email the club.