Austin offers some great group rides for cyclists of every skill level. Below is a list of local bike shops and bike groups offering free rides. These rides are not affiliated with Austin Triathlon Club, so check with the shop or group before heading out. We hope this directory can help you find a ride that works with your schedule. If you have an addition or an edit, let us know. For even more info about group rides in Austin, check out Bike Austin's list of free local group rides as well as Austin Tri Cyclist's Ride for Any Day of the Week blog post.
- Mellow Johnny's Group Rides: Offering beginner, intermediate and advanced group rides. Most begin at 4th and Nueces.
- Sunday Morning Slow Your Roll (Sundays at 7:30am): Ladies-only ride hosted by Team Snacks Cycling. Ride typically covers 20-25 miles, averaging 12-14 mph, no drop. Riders must have water, flat repair supplies, and a bike in good working condition. Beginner and advanced welcome. Starts from Cycleeast at East Cesar Chavez & Chalmers.
- CycleEast Group Rides: Intermediate/advanced rides starting from Cycleeast at East Cesar Chavez & Chalmers.
- Nelos Shop Rides: Variety of intermediate/advanced rides, with distances up to 75 miles. Average speed ranges from 16-18 mph to 20-21 mph. Rides start from Nelo's Cycles on Mesa Drive between Steck and Spicewood Springs.
- The Breakfast Club: Twice weekly group rides open to all riders (not no drop). Offering a variety of routes on Saturday mornings or Tuesday evenings.