MISSION AND VALUES
- Austin Triathlon Club aims to improve the physical fitness and mental well-being of all members of the Austin community through the promotion and encouragement of the sport of triathlon. Our goal is to make triathlon fun and accessible to everyone in Austin – beginner or experienced, young or old, big or small, rich or poor, LGBT or straight. Whether you're training for your first triathlon, or you're a Kona-qualifier, we hope you will find a home in Austin Tri Club.
- We started Austin Triathlon Club to create a supportive, social, and affordable option for triathletes and aspiring triathletes in Austin. To accomplish this goal, Austin Triathlon Club organizes group swims, runs, and bike rides; provides information, mentoring, and other triathlon resources; promotes triathlon in the Austin community; recruits and organizes volunteers at local races; hosts social events for local triathletes; sponsors lectures and educational seminars; and always tries to be a friendly, welcoming, and inclusive community for anyone interested in the sport of triathlon.
- Austin Triathlon Club takes serious its responsibility to reduce financial barriers to the sport of triathlon. The Club will offer memberships at an affordable rate so that all members of the Austin community can participate in the Club. Wherever possible, the Club will endeavor to partner with local races and vendors to provide discounts for Club members. The Club will also organize group workouts, panel discussions, clinics, workshops, training weekends, and other events that are free and open to the public, with the hope that money will not be a barrier to participation.
- Austin Triathlon Club actively encourages female athletes to compete in triathlon and strives for equal representation between the genders in Club Membership and Leadership. In 2016, IRONMAN’s average global female participation rate was 20%. We believe that participation rate should be 50%. In support of this goal, Austin Triathlon Club offers female members the option of having a female Club mentor. The Club also offers co-ed workouts, training opportunities, and social events, with the aim that all Club events build camaraderie and friendship.
- Austin Triathlon Club is a steward of the Austin triathlon community and supports local coaches, gyms, shops, and races. We know that Austin is one of the best triathlon cities in America because of its vibrant fitness community. Austin Triathlon Club endeavors to support Austinites who make their living through triathlon by promoting triathlon, by encouraging newcomers to participate in the sport, by organizing and recruiting volunteers for local races, and by encouraging our members to take advantage of member discounts with Club partners.