Austin and the surrounding highland lakes have some of the most best swim races in the country. We've put together our list of local races below. If you have an addition or an edit, let us know.
- Cap 2K (April): Annual 2,000 meter swim in Lady Bird Lake in the center of Austin. Race does from Red Bud Isle to the Texas Rowing Center. Race benefits a great cause and is a long-time Austin favorite.
- LifeTime Fitness Splash 'n Dash Swim Races (April - October): Every Third Tuesday from April to October, LifeTimeFitness hosts a 1500 meter race at Quarry Lake in North Austin. Tons of fun in our own backyard.
- Deep Eddy Mile (August): 53 laps in one of our favorite pools. Just like the Cap 2K, this event benefits a great cause and is a long-time Austin favorite.
- Lake Travis Relay (October): 6-person relay race covering 10-12 miles. Race starts and finishes near Emerald Point, about 30 minutes outside of Austin. Ranked as one of the top 100 open water swim events in the world.
- Highland Lakes Challenge (October): 5 swims in 5 lakes in 5 days in the beautiful Highland Lakes outside of Austin (Lake Travis, Lake Buchanan, Lake LBJ, Lake Marble Falls, and Inks Lake). The Monster Challenge consists of a 2-3 mile swim each day. The Weekend Warrior consists of a 2-3 mile swim on the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The Mini Challenge consists of 5 one-mile swims. Escort Kayakers are highly recommended and required in some cases.