Below is our list of Austin's most popular races. We're starting the calendar in September, which is traditionally the start of running race season in Austin. If you have an addition or an edit, let us know. For even more info about local running races, check out RunGuide.com's helpful calendar of upcoming Austin running races.
- Zilker Relays: The Zilker Relays is a 10-mile race with teams comprised of 4 runners. Each participant runs a 2.5 mile loop from one central festival/transition area. The combination of a relay, festival home base, drinks and music, make this experience a favorite for runners of all calibers and ages.
- The Austin Distance Challenge: Not technically a race, but a series of the five most prestigious local running events starting in the fall and leading up to the Austin Marathon & Half Marathon in February. Participants sign up for the series to compete against personal goals and for awards for Overall, Masters and Age Groups. The five races included in the challenge can be found below.
- Run for the Water 10 Miler: The race raises funds for the Gazelle Foundation, which improves the quality of life for people in Burundi by providing access to clean water and is Race 2 of The Austin Distance Challenge.
- Thundercloud Subs Turkey Trot: Earn your turkey by participating in an untimed 5-mile, a timed 5-mile, a 1-mile walk or a Kids K.
- Decker Challenge Half Marathon: This classic Austin race around beautiful Decker Lake in east Austin is Race 3 of The Austin Distance Challenge.
- 3M Half Marathon: A fast, mostly downtown half-marathon from Northwest Austin to downtown - traditionally a PR course - is Race 4 of The Austin Distance Challenge.
- Austin Marathon and Half-Marathon: Running since 1992, Austin Marathon has grown to be the 25th largest marathon in the USA. The course is new for 2018. It is Race 5 of The Austin Distance Challenge.
- The Maze 30K/10K: Part of the Rogue Trail Series, this well-worn labyrinth of a trail twists, turns, climbs and crosses a few creeks.
- Cap 10K: Join 20,000 of your closest friends for the largest 10k in Texas and 7th largest in the country!
- The Tangle 30K/10K: Part of the Rogue Trail Series, this race in the Pedernales Falls State Park area is challenging, technical and fun.
- Daisy 5K: Kick off your Memorial Day weekend with the 40th running of Austin’s oldest 5k!
- The Ranch 30K/10K: The course features rugged, challenging terrain and some of the most spectacular views in Texas.
- Maudie's Moonlight Margarita Run and Party: This 5k is is The Trail Foundation’s annual fundraising event. Ladies can trade the little black dress and heels for little black shorts and running shoes, while gentlemen can leave their ties at home.
- Keep Austin Weird 5K: This festival and 5k, featuring live music and costume contexts, benefits the Central Texas Food Bank.
- You're kidding, right? This is Texas!